Thursday, October 28, 2021

What is this thing?

 

A fungus among us. I saw this beauty on our morning hike today. It's the size of a softball, pure white and kind of fuzzy looking. Very interesting. The weather is unbelievably awesome right now. The spiders are starting to pack up for the year, so it's not too difficult getting through the forest. And speaking of packing up...heading to DC tomorrow to visit the grandboys. This will be such fun. Halloween with the kids is always a blast. HOWEVER, I must admit I'm feeling a little anxious about the drive. This is the first trip I've made since Covid began and I know not everyone is as diligent as we are about masks and vaccines. Also, we have to take Early with us and I worry about my boy. And I worry about Sophie because she doesn't eat when we're gone. Our dogs are such fragile, emotional creatures! 

No comments:

Post a Comment