Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Early morning in early October with Early

We decided to brave the wilds of Chatham county and take a little hike. I was going to wait until the spiders had packed it in for the season, but we were too anxious to get outside. I truly love spiders. I think they are AMAZING creatures. They work so hard and there they are just patiently waiting for their next meal and we come stumbling through destroying their homes and their livelihoods. I have nothing but respect for them, but I don't enjoy getting those sticky webs in my face and hair. 

We saw 2 box turtles. I don't usually see them traveling in packs. I hope they get to where they want to go safely. May God go with you my little friends!

When we got home, I gave the kids a little treat. Some kind of chewy bone thing. They like them.

I'll be 65 in slightly less than a year. Not sure about the whole retirement thing. Would love the free time, but hate to give up a nice fat, steady paycheck. Luckily I don't have to make a decision yet...we'll see.


The picture above is of the old powerline right-of-way that is behind our property. There's a wooded area between this clearing and our house where me and dogs like to hang out. It used to look like an airport runway--nowadays nature is reclaiming her own and the weeds and trees and coming back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment