Friday, October 22, 2021

Homeless Dog

 

Admiral Halsey
This guy showed up on the doorstep this morning, looking dirty and hungry. I believe I know who he belongs to...which means he has been neglected for many years, tied up outside. I am not going to take him back there. He doesn't deserve that sort of miserable life. I called the Vet and they can't see him for 5 days. I notified the animal shelter and Mike posted a picture on Facebook. So we've done our due diligence. I gave him a bath, and because his skin is a mess, I gave him a capstar (just in case), some antibiotics and benedryl. He's had a good meal and is sleeping now. He's just the sweetest old dog. I know, I know I need another dog like I need a hole in the head, but I'm a soft touch. Obviously, he escaped and has been wandering around for days and finally came here where he knew he'd be loved. Poor old guy. I think I know his name, but I'm calling him Halsey, as in Admiral Halsey because he's part British (English Bull Terrier). I will not call him by his slave name. Oh dear...what have I gotten myself into. 

No comments:

Post a Comment