Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Best Dog in the World

 

He's such a sweet old thing. We both enjoy our walks in the wooded areas out behind the house. Sophie usually runs off in search of rabbits. Early tends to stay near me and he will generally come back when called. Sophie...not so much. She runs through the underbrush, nose down, hot on the trail of something or other. If she does manage to find a rabbit, she goes tearing off after it, yapping like a maniac and then Early will chase after her. It's not good for his bad knee, but he can't help himself. 

They are messy and often stinky, sometimes expensive, but they are such good companions. I love them both. If people were more like dogs, I might like them more. As it is--I prefer the company of animals. And the older I get, the MORE I prefer animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment