Friday, January 12, 2018

Me and the CEO

A couple weeks ago, the new CEO of the company had a town hall meeting at the Winston-Salem office. For those of us watching remotely, they had a contest to win lunch with the boss. I actually won. Wow. So today I went to his office and we went to the cafeteria downstairs for a quick bite and a chat. He is the nicest guy. He's a physician, the first one we've ever had as CEO. He used to be the CMO at Medicare. He volunteers at UNC Hospital in his spare time! I'm telling you, he is so down to earth, so personable...I have a good feeling about the future of the company. Since I probably will have to work for another 10 years, this is welcome news for me. I don't know what his salary is, but based on the last CEO's salary and bonus, I calculated that 45 minutes of his time was valued at about $3000. I don't think I embarrassed myself. I mean, I didn't vomit or fart in his presence. I didn't use foul language or talk shit about anyone. No politics, no religion. I thought it went pretty well. Then after work I met Mikey at the Lumina and we saw "The Post." Absolutely excellent movie. Loved it. All in all, a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment