Sunday, January 28, 2018

Artistry in Baked Goods

Fairy House Cake
Against my better judgement, we took a trip to the Phoenix Bakery in Pittsboro. They used to be on the main drag (downtown Pittsboro which is one block long) but have moved further down 64 Business near the community college. They have excellent coffee and amazing baked things and pastries. I completely fell off the Weight Watcher's wagon and had a pecan caramel roll. Forgive me, O Saint Oprah! It was delicious. So, for penance, I said 10 Hail Mary's and took the dogs for a long walk. Yesterday I took them out again and they insisted in rolling in something stinky, so it was back home and into the bathtub. I also washed my car and 2 loads of laundry. All this activity was exhausting. I fell asleep at 8 pm and slept 10 hours. I would have slept longer but my bladder was at critical mass, so I was forced to get up and deal with it. Today is my (our) anniversary. Happy Anniversary to me (us). More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment