Sunday, January 14, 2018

Journaling Tribe

That's me way in the back with some of my new tribe.
I joined a Meet-Up group a few weeks ago called Cafe Journalers. We get together a couple times a month to do do creative stuff in our journals. Some write and some draw. I mostly glue stuff together and write about what I did (or should be doing). Unless you're into the whole concept of journaling, this probably sounds really weird and boring. I find hanging out with fun, artsy types really interesting, but then maybe I'm really weird and boring. We meet at different places, mostly on Saturday afternoons. It's an adult play date. There aren't many opportunities for grown-ups to get together in zero stress environments to relax and quiet down the monkey brain.  It's been just great so far. I'm enjoying my new friends and playmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment