Thursday, December 28, 2017

Back to Work


My home away from home. This is the space where I spend most of my time. We moved out of the old glass building in Chapel Hill a year or so ago into this high tech modern thing in Durham. I loved that old glass monstrosity. It was terribly energy inefficient, but it was also an architectural oddity--I'm told it is the only true rhomboid building in existence. However I don't miss having pieces of plaster fall on my desk every time it rained. The new building is very nice and I'm lucky to have my own personal cubical. A lot of people have to share hotel cubes.

Our building is located on the Blue Cross Blue Shield campus. There are 9 buildings here, I think. Not sure of the exact number. Anyhow, there is a parking deck across the street, however I always get to work early enough to park in front the building. The cafeteria and gym are also across the street. We even have our own employee health center in the main building within walking distance. I have to drive a little further--by about 10 minutes. In light traffic I can get here in about 35 minutes. All in all, not a bad commute, although traffic gets worse every year. There is a LOT of construction going on. Where are all these people coming from? And where are they going to work?

I've included a selfie--me in my little cube, pretending to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment