Monday, December 7, 2015

More Crochet Projects

Prototype Fish Bag in cotton yarn

blurry shot of a bunch of practice baby fish

Fish Bag with drawstring mouth closure

Version II mesh fish bag
This is what I've been up to lately...trying to perfect a pattern for a crochet mesh bag shaped like a fish with a drawstring closure at the mouth end. The first bag took FOREVER to crochet. It is huge. So I made the next one smaller and in a mesh stitch rather than straight single crochet. The idea is to have a little bag to put the baby fish toys into. I'm using cotton yarn because it holds it shape better and is washable, even though it is much harder to work with. Don't know how many of these I can make because it kills my gnarly old arthritic fingers. I'd love to make one for the boys and a couple of my friends' grandkids. We'll see. I'm pretty happy with Version II up there. I made the whole thing this morning. I've got to go rest my hands now, so probably won't do any more crocheting today. Oh, I did take the red bag for a test run. I let my grandson play with it and he seemed to enjoy it. So, this has been thoroughly kid tested and approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment