Monday, December 14, 2015

Stained Glass Workshop


I signed us up for a stained glass workshop at Kaleidoscope Studio in Mebane. We learned how to score, cut and grind glass, then wrap in copper foil and solder the pieces together. We both made sun-catchers. Bert's was a sunset design and mine was a modifier cross. I thought it looked a lot like the Zuni sun symbol (which is on the New Mexico state flag and license plate). We had a great time and I would love to make something else in the future, but I am really not interested in doing this as a home hobby. It would cost a fortune to get all the necessary equipment. I do not need to adopt another hobby at this point in my life. I barely have time to work on the thousands of projects I already have planned. My goal in 2016 is to use up most of my supplies before investing in anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment