Sunday, November 29, 2015

Current Projects

Crocheted toys for the boys and a scarf for me.
I have not been in the mood to paint for a few months now...but I have started crocheting again. I came up with an idea for little mesh bags. They are supposed to look like fish nets. They'll have a drawstring top and will hold a bunch of little crochet fish. It's sort of a quiet toy to keep kids occupied in church or restaurants. That's the idea anyhow. I am modifying a mesh shopping bag for the fish nets. I've made about a dozen little fish, but haven't found the perfect pattern yet. When my gnarled old arthritic fingers get tired of holding a crochet hook, I switch to loom knitting. I'm making a cowl neck thing--like a scarf only with all in one piece. Nevermind. It will look great. Take my word for it. Well, Thanksgiving is over. Me and Miguel spent a QUIET day at home watching bad movies and eating nachos. All the kids were spending time with their significant others, so we went no where and did nothing and LOVED every second. This has to be the first holiday EVER that we weren't obligated to be somewhere. I know I sound like Ebenezer, but sometimes you just need to be left alone. So now, with my batteries recharged, I can face the upcoming Christmas season with renewed interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment