Thursday, November 19, 2015

Current Diversions

My much loved Midori and new Moleskine
I've been creeping around the interwebs lately and discovered this HUGE community of folks obsessed with planners and journals. It is amazing and wonderful. I thought I was some kind of freak and it turns out I AM....but I'm in good company. I've been a journaler for years, most of my life in fact, and I've experimented with all kinds of systems. I may have discovered a system that works, although I'm sure I will continue to tweak it for years to come. I'm using the Midori Travelers Notebook for monthly and weekly planning. Plus I have an extra notebook in there for my version of bullet journaling and record keeping. I resisted as long as I could, but finally had to go out and get a Moleskine notebook. I'm using it for daily notes, diary type entries and a little bit of junk journaling. I find that "brain dump" activities are very healthy. There are some things that you just need to get out of your head and onto paper so that you can move on with your life. I tend to perseverate on things that bug me and helps to work it out on paper. I'm old school, man. I love good paper and pens. Maybe eventually I will get back to making art, but in the meantime, my creative efforts are directed more to writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment