Thursday, August 27, 2015

Ramble 8.27.15

I'm pushing 60! 
After cleaning up the cat poop in my bathtub for the 50th time....I had some time to reflect on my life. By way of explanation, Clawdia gets into these spells where she feels compelled to take a dump in my bathtub. I'm not sure if it is out of spite or just pure meanness, but there it is, a smelly mess that announces her contempt for all things human. I am joking (sort of). She can be a very sweet cat, when she wants to. She is strangely affectionate and a good little mouser. Hey, anyone need a cat? I've got one to give away. She's spayed and occasionally house-broken. So, as I was saying, here I am almost 60--I went to the DMV to get my license renewed and up to this point my hair color has been listed as "black." The woman at the DMV who was doing my paper work looked at me and goes, "Hair color, gray?" I was a little surprised for just a moment. I mean, I know I have gray hair. I refuse to color it (because those chemicals leach into your brain and make you crazy) and honestly I don't care what it looks like. At this point--why bother?! But for the first time it occurred to me that I was an elderly woman. A senior citizen. A withered old hag. Wow. And it happened so fast! I'm actually thinking about retirement--only THINKING about it because it is still far into the future. I can't retire until 1) Mal is out of college and into a good job, 2) the house is paid for, and 3) Mike is eligible for Medicare. SO, somewhere between age 70 and 75. I have a feeling I will die at my desk. My last day on earth and my last day on the job will be the same day. I'm okay with it. Gotta do something to pass the time...might as well get paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment