Monday, August 31, 2015

Moving on out

in the entry way at the new place
BUSY weekend. I took Friday off to help Bert with the move out her current Army housing into her new Army housing. Since the membership in her household will double over the next year, they were in need of larger accommodations. And as luck would have it, Ft. Bragg currently has a glut of housing units. They even let civilian contractors and retirees live on post now. So, I spent 3 days with her, trying not to be an interfering nag. She is such an adult person now, she was able to handle all the millions of details on her own. I pretty much just entertained the baby and stayed out of her way. The movers came today so she will have a bed in the new place. She still has to clean up the old unit. The housing people will be coming around Friday morning for her inspection. And there are still about a half a million details still to be worked out. But, I think the worst part is over. It has been very stressful, but it's getting done. Thank GOD the weather cooperated for a few hours so the movers didn't have to work in the rain. Her dogs are at my house right now, being sad and bored. They really miss their mommy. Here it is only Monday afternoon and I'm exhausted. I keep telling everyone, we just need to make it to Friday...and WE WILL.

No comments:

Post a Comment