Monday, August 3, 2015

Art Walk

That's my stuff over on the left.
Last Friday was the Last Friday Art Walk in Hillsborough. This was the first event for the  newly formatted Triangle Visual Artists (formerly known as Chapel Hill Art Gallery). Several of us dragged our stuff out in the heat and set up 2 spots on the street. Hillsborough's Art Walk is HUGE. It's more of a street fair with all kinds of vendors. The local galleries were also having receptions. Very nice, arty gathering. I was already exhausted from working all day when I got there, but I managed to sell 2 of my mini paintings, so it was a good evening for me. I mean--I covered the cost of gas and dinner. I probably won't do this type of event again. It's too hot to be out of doors in NC in the summertime. I don't like to sweat. The Triangle Artists have several other events planned for the year. On Saturday morning I went to a church activity. I skipped the craft classes and went to the Bible classes. Very interesting and informative. THEN, I went to Durham for the Triangle Sketch Crawl meet-up. We gathered at Francesca's on 9th Street. Then we separated for 2 hours of drawing and came back at 3 for show and tell. It was so much fun. Thanks, Dan, for coming with. I am sometimes reluctant to try new things alone. Dan was great company and such a wonderful artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment