Monday, August 10, 2015

Geek Alert

Me and my Midori
Yay! The Midori Traveler's Notebook. I did a ton of research on this little thing and then thought long and hard about making the commitment. It's a bit spendy. But I decided to treat myself and finally pulled the trigger. I regret nothing. I love it! I can see why it has a HUGE following on the interwebs. There are even a bunch of knock-offs and DIY versions called "fauxdori."  It is basically a leather cover with modular notebooks held in place with rubberbands. Very Zen in it's simplicity--I would expect nothing less from those clever Japanese. The leather is excellent quality. I love the feel and the smell. Even the paper is fantastic. How can anyone get so excited about a notebook? You wouldn't understand unless you were a total paper freak like me. Going to the paper section of the craft store or to office supply stores is a complete thrill for me.  The longer you own it, the more weathered and beat up the leather gets and it looks even better. It's wonderful and when I carry it around I feel just like Indiana Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment