Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Feeling the Bern!

I did a watercolor of this now iconic photo from the happiest day of my life...AKA inauguration day 2021 when the ass clown's reign was officially and finally over. I won't lie--I truly and deeply hated that creature. 

We're almost a year into the pandemic. Things are just now starting to turn around. 1/2 million dead. Unbelievable. Mike thinks he has a line on the vaccine, so we're hoping we can get our shots soon. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to go see the grandboys in DC. It's been since June that we saw them last. I see the other boys in Mebane about once a month, but even that trip is sort of nerve wracking. I just don't like going anywhere when so many people are still so casual about this virus. 

I am a couple months into the new job and it's going well. Also teaching this semester at DTCC and painting blocks for Art-O-Mat. I'm keeping busy. Makes the time go by faster--getting closer to retirement.

Weather has been crazy as usual. We had major equipment failure and had to replace the HVAC unit. ugh. Another unplanned expense. Of course the week we had no heat was the coldest it has been all season. But, we're back in business. It's all good. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment