Friday, March 19, 2021

Camelias in bloom

 

The camelia bushes are loaded down with blossoms. They are so beautiful. They probably could use some pruning. I'll need to consult an expert--I don't want to damage or kill them. The big one was here when we moved in 20 years ago. The little one was a gift from my coworkers when Mom died. Camelias are slow growing, but they seem to be very hardy. I mean, I haven't killed them yet. 

I have a big gardenia bush in front of the house that was also here when we moved in. It is in a bad location, but it blooms every year with the most incredibly wonderful smelling flowers. I love them. They were Dad's favorite flowers. I'm afraid if I try to transplant it, I will kill it. 

My gardening skills are marginal AT BEST. I enjoy the flowers so much, but during the summer when it's hot and humid and the weeds are waist high...I just lose interest. 

I'm determined to do better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment