Saturday, June 30, 2018

"Families Belong Together" Rally in PBO

MoveOn.org and some wonderful local people organized a rally in PBO this afternoon to show support for the families and their children being tortured by the current administration. I don't really care what anyone's political affiliation is, the abuse of children is WRONG. There was a really good turnout in little old Pittsboro. I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one flying my freak flag. Bert came out with James (who is having a birthday on Monday!). She ran into an old high school friend. My friend, Kay, came out to show support as well. I ran into another old acquaintance. I knew her from a church I used to go to. She was the ministerial intern at the time. She now works with battered women. It's awesome and energizing to be around people who CARE. I was beginning to despair. So many negative, hateful, evil voices in the media. It is refreshing to know that there are still a few of us out there, trying to do SOMETHING.
Rally at the old courthouse, next to the Confederate statue!
Beautiful downtown Pittsboro.

Let your freak flag fly!

Kay and me, trying not to melt in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment