Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sketch Crawl

Sam and  his sketch of the Lucky Strike tower
Triangle Sketch Crawl meets monthly at various locations for a couple hours of drawing, then we gather for show and tell. It is a lot of fun. We met this weekend at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham. It is a fantastic place. It used to be a tobacco warehouse and has been converted into shops, restaurants and office space. It has a beautiful layout with lots of water features. It's gorgeous. Anyhow, I did a couple of watercolor sketches. Nothing great, but it does force me to keep producing. You can't force creativity, but sometimes you just need to keep doing SOMETHING until the creative urge returns. I feel uninspired right now, but hopefully I'll get my mojo back. So someone posted this photo of Sam (not his real name) and me at an office studio called "Little" where we gathered to compare notes. It was a big group this month, about 20 people. They are a talented bunch. Am I intimidated? Not really, because I am not competing with anyone. We all do very different things and it's all just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment