Tuesday, January 4, 2022

First Snow of the Year

 The day before it was 70 degrees, then overnight we had a terrific rain storm with wind, lightning, thunder--the whole bit. There was some flooding in the low lying areas. The temperature dropped to below 40 in the morning and then it started SNOWING! It was freaky. Then in the afternoon, the sun came back out. All this over the course of about 12 hours. 

Bert said they got over a foot of snow in the DC area. I heard that there was a massive traffic jam around there with people stuck on I-95 for upwards of 20 hours. 

Yo, NATURE, dude! It's amazing.

I hope we get another snow fall this season--I love snow, as long as the power stays on. We haven't had any real snow to speak of in over 3 years. I think we're overdue.

No comments:

Post a Comment