Sunday, February 7, 2016

Triangle Sketch Crawl

LOOKEEEE! I made a nice picture!
The local meet-up group of urban sketchers, Triangle Sketch Crawl, meets monthly at various locations around the triangle to explore the local sights and draw. Yesterday we met at Oasis coffee shop at Carr Mill Mall. I love the look of Carr Mill Mall, an old converted textile mill, and Oasis was very lovely. It's run by an old hippie (I ADORE old hippies!) and has a sort of rastafarian/Moroccan/buddhist decor. Very fun. I haven't drawn or painted or anything in months, so I'm not really feeling the ART at the moment. This was a great way to dip my toe in and maybe stir up some creativity. I did a bunch of warm up exercises then this sketch of a banana plant. After an exhausting afternoon slaving over a pencil, we refreshed ourselves with an early dinner at Elmo's. I had my favorite dish-Santa Fe breakfast bowl-scrambled eggs, sweet potatoes, black beans, tomato salsa, avocado served on top of a cornbread fritter thing. It's delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment