Wednesday, January 21, 2015

And now for something completely different

"49 Shades of Gray"
I finished this last night. I think it's finished... I keep looking at it and thinking I need to add a little more or this or that. That's a good way to ruin a painting, by the way. Sometimes you just need to step away and quit monkeying with it. So, this is a 24x30 canvas, mixed media (acrylic, watercolor, pastel, and newspaper collage). My co-worker's sister is working in China right now and she brought back some Chinese newspapers for me. I like the way the characters look. They are a work of art in and of themselves. Forgive the glare, I don't have a good camera set up. I coated the whole thing in gloss gel to protect it and it makes it a little shiny. I plan to take this to the gallery when they rehang for February. So, starting next month you can see this in person at Chapel Hill Art Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment